Thursday, July 8, 2010

Farmers, Glitter and Everything

You know what has pretty much anything you can think of?

Walmart.

Seriously. You can find absolutely anything at your local Walmart. If you don't have a local Walmart, I feel genuinely sorry for you.

When ours first opened, they had a nice old lady handing out Walmart stickers near the front door. The employees at Walmart are always nice. They don't constantly pester you with their helpful-employee banter. They don't even stare at you from a distance like a creepy stalker. They're generally nice people.

Some of the most interesting people you will ever see hang out at Walmart. Especially if you're there late at night. I've been there around 10 or 11 at night and seen a lot of people dressed like farmers, clad with dusty overalls and straw hats. I've also seen guys walking around in tank tops with excess tattoos. I like to pretend I need to buy something late at night so I have an excuse to look for someone worthy of being on People of Walmart.

Walmart has a pretty good selection of glitter. Once I was walking through the craft section and I found that someone had spilled quite a large amount of golden sparkles on a shelf. Of course I spent the next few minutes flinging it through the air and dancing around. Thank goodness no one else was in the isle with me. All the same, I'm sure I earned some pretty strange looks walking around the store with sparkling golden hands.

My friend actually got kicked out of Walmart once. She and her friends ran around the store in feathery masks and outrageous wigs causing a "ruckus," as the manager put it. She literally chased them into the parking lot.

I've always wanted to get kicked out of Walmart, but I've never had the courage to do anything insane like that. Maybe another time.



No comments:

Post a Comment